Friday, October 14, 2011

The Fallen Sun

When I was very young, three or four perhaps, my family loaded into the Country Squire station wagon with the faux paneling and headed west to visit an uncle who lived in Missouri. I remember as we got to the flatlands and this big bloated sun was setting I urged my father to make some haste so that we could get to the place where it landed. Needless to say he didn't make it and I distinctly remember being disappointed in my father for what I perceived to be his lack of effort. I wonder what an analyst would say in light of my current mental health situation...I think I'm fine. Anyways, this is a quick sketch with sumac leaves and a perfect October Sunday without a hint of a breeze. The sun has landed, I finally got there.













2 comments:

Josh Borowicz said...

I remember that sun. It fell beautifully, too. Where are the prairie dogs?

Liz Edwards said...

Beautifully said about the sun landing! Are you just getting old when you find the spot where the sun lands?