Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Equinox...or Thereabouts

This weekend was the usually annual Equinox gathering on the beach. Goats sacrificed, libations made, reckless dancing, the whole nine yards. The actual equinox falls midweek, making this premature equinoctial celebration necessary. Not the best weather, but just as sunset approached things warmed up and a break in the cloud cover made for a spectacular sunset. I did not record the event, but on Sunday I went down for a couple of hours to work in the fall weekend quiet and on this evening there was a pleasantly luminescent sunset...and one lonely wave rose up to watch it. Or is that the Loch Erie Monster. Now that I think of it I did hear a plaintive antediluvian wail just as the "wave" disappeared.


I made a couple of small sketches using white and black stones, of which there was an abundance lying about this week. It is my homage to Kasimir Malevich. I particularly like the black square.


I also made a quick stick circle as the sun was setting, but I didn't finish it in time to get a good picture. You can however just make it out at the bottom of this picture as the sun was setting.



So, that was the weekend at the Beachworks. Happy Equinox.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think the antediluvian wail was from your wife..."come home!" she cried..."rub my back!"..."do the dishes!"

(antediluvian whales are downers)