Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Stone Migratrion

 
So the Stonewave has begun its migration to the east. The last two weekends I spent a couple of hours herding stones to a new location. For the time being what I am doing is storing the stone in columns and stacking them by size in different piles. The piles will become pretty impressive I would imagine by the time things get cleared out. The plans for the next iteration are still fluid, but they are there. I don't have a timeline, but it is interesting to be involved in the deconstruction process. I would expect to have the top eight feet off by next week and that will take me down to the big stone. At that point the process may slow down as weather starts to come to the lakeshore. But I love the big stones. It will be good to work with them again.




 Here are the stacks after the second weekend. One is about 6 feet tall at this point. The larger stones I am placing on the east end of the Stonewave for the time being. When I have the groundplan for the new project in my head, I will start moving them to their new home. In the meantime I have an idea that I want to test out. I'm also working on a painting that I hope to have done by the end of the month. I have another solo show in the works, so it will be the first new piece for that show. Snow fell for the first time today...we have at least 3 inches since this morning.


No comments: