Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A New Painting

I just finished a new painting the other day. It is part of the group of "Pattern Recognition" pieces that I have been playing with. This particular piece revisits the colored stone works, but now on a bigger scale. I will not get the fourth piece done in time for the Mercyhurst College show, but I'm OK with the first three pieces. In real life the tactile quality of this piece is an improvement on the earlier works and I think matches what I wanted in the earlier paintings. I also think the colors turned out quite nicely. I'm working on a smaller piece that I'll finish this weekend or sooner, which will be the last of the 10 or so pieces in the show. Then we'll see what happens from there. I still haven't had any luck finding an exhibition space for this new body of work, but I'll keep plugging away. Hopefully the weekend will be dry enough to get some beachwork done as well.





No comments: