Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere...

Finished a small painting of the lake surface this weekend . I shot the photos for the studies down at the peninsula a couple of weeks ago. There were some interesting surface effects that I've been playing with. This one is the first one that actually came out well. I'm not sure where these water images are going to go. I'm in the process of trying to cross-breed the Pattern Recognition pieces with some "color field" studies that I've been doing in my sketchbook, that were born out of looking at some Georgia O'Keeffe and Mark Rothko works mixed in with Andy Warhol, Andrew Wyeth and the monolith from 2001: A Space Oddyssey, maybe a touch of Franz Kline
thrown in there too. Maybe by the end of the summer, if I'm not distracted too much, I will get it figured out. In the mean time, I have been cleaning up the damage from the old Stonewave and incorporating it into the new one. Its final form is starting to take shape in my head, but a big part of that final form relies on the lake giving back at least fifteen feet of beach that it took.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sinuous blue-black of this image is quite nice. Keep it for me.