Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Revisiting Some Old Work










I have not been able to go down to the beach in a while, and when that happens I always get a little jumpy, not getting my fix. I also worry about the vandalism, which always puts me in a dark place. I suppose I should practice a little Buddhist detachment, but that just might be something I won't be able to get to in this incarnation. If the waves swept things clear, I could live with that, but human folly...








This Saturday in the afternoon, weather permitting, there will be a little equinoctial gathering of some of the tribe. Some art types, colleague types, friend types, neighbor types, so if you are in the neighborhood and care to stop by and share a moment, you are welcome. If the lake gods cooperate we'll stay for the sunset.








I was just going through my files and pulled up a few images from the past to post for the selfish purpose of seeing them again....
This is the time of year when any new stone comes as a gift of storms. So additional work on the Stonewave will be minimal for the most part and I'll start working on some smaller temporary pieces and do repairs on the vandalized parts and other touch-up work before the snow flies, at least that is what the sunset usually says around the equinox.

No comments: