Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crazy Things Washing Ashore

So, on the actual day of Labor Day, I couldn't really do much stone work because of the conditions, so in keeping with the Dao of the beach, I spent the evening working with sticks. Of which there is an abundance as of late. Little sticks. Nice little sticks most of them. It's like the Exxon Valdez crashed off the coast carrying a cargo of sticks. So, I went back to the circle idea and tried a couple of variations. I'm getting better at these things and in the end, I liked the way this looked in the raking light of the afternoon sun.

And there was a beautiful sunset to finish the day off, so I guess this counts as a pretty good day to be alive.

And for you recent commenters, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
















No comments: