Monday, September 8, 2008

Out of the Ashes the Phoenix Rises...

So, the canvas couldn't stay blank for long. I couldn't resist playing around. So I started a small stack of stone with a bit of a curve in it. I liked it enough to continue and.... so it gave birth to a second stack in which I wanted to experiment with leaving a small gap between them to see what the light would do with it and so...
the stack got a dance partner, which turned out OK. One morning I came down to work and somebody had crowned the work with a small plastic cow. The cow did not last long. A couple of days later someone laid claim to the cow or it wandered off of its own volition. Now I'm adding a third stack to see what it has to say. So far I like it.



Another project I started to work out was with the ubiquitous flat stones that come in all sizes. I've done a couple of versions of this, but I seem to be getting better at it. It is currently much larger than the photograph shows. The photos show it on its side. I can't seem to get it to rotate.

So there is still plenty to do. Plenty to learn. Plenty to see. I look forward to the fall when the beach becomes a bit more deserted and work can go on without beiing damaged unless it is the hand of weather.







No comments: