Friday, September 26, 2008

100 Views at the "George Weymouth Gallery"

I went down to the beach the other day and began to reconstruct the stone bench and the other sculpture that had been vandalized. I should have some time this weekend to get them back into shape. The flower was completely obliterated by the surf whipped up by Ike's remnants. In the meantime I'm posting 4 paintings from the 100 Views Project. These are currently being exhibited at Twin Lakes Brewery's Gallery space, dubbed rather spontaneously, the George Weymouth Gallery. It has a nice ring to it. I think they should make it official. Anyways, the gallery is exhibiting 27 paintings and 6 photos of the "beachworks" along with a number of Brian Pardini's sculptures. When I left after hanging the show, things looked pretty good. We'll have to make a few adjustments on opening night, but I thought it looked pretty good. This is an image from the Winter portion of the 100 Views. The hope is eventually to finish 25 images for each season. I'm a little more than half-way through right now.
This is a Spring image of fish cadavers washed up on shore. It was a cold wet day and they glowed a pale white against the earth tones of the beach surface.

This is also a Spring or late winter image just short of Gull Point. I think this is the part of the beach where they were shooting The Road. If not it should have been.

A Fall image, one of several leaf images. This day while walking on one of the trails I felt like Dorothy on the Yellow Brick Road or it was a scene from Hero. A beautiful day it was.
So there you have it, 4 more of the 100 Views. The Show opens on October 4th. I hope it is a beautiful day as the light coming through the gallery windows can make a lot of difference with these images. More stone sculptures coming soon.



No comments: