Monday, May 12, 2008




Here is a close-up of a stick sculpture that was about 2 feet high, about 7 feet in diameter and constructed by laying the sticks out in a radial pattern from the center. The outer edge was defined by a "rim" of thicker sticks with the spokes layered over top of one rim, another rim placed on top and a second level of spokes. This lasted about two weeks and then somebody set it on fire one night. The photo above shows the first level of spokes and rim.

In response to Bob...yes I've known of AG for a long time, particularly liked the Time and Tide CD. I had been doing little beach pieces for years and when I started to see Goldsworthy's work it just made me want to work larger and eventually I began these bigger pieces about 4 or 5 years ago. I really enjoy the tactile quality of most of his stuff.

No comments: