Monday, September 25, 2017

Facades

Spent some time in France this summer going to see the Isenheim Altarpiece in Colmar, The Strasbourg Cathedral and the Moses Well and other works by Claus Sluter in Dijon. An amazing trip of art ogling. The wine wasn't bad either. Did a couple of pieces related to the trip including this watercolor of superimposed facades and walls of the cathedral. Turned out OK, I think I could do a more interesting work with what I learned but the thing was so labor intensive I'm hesitant to commit to it.

Working on the Beachwork this weekend. Actually went into the water which is still bearable at this time of the year thanks to an 8-day warm streak.

1 comment:

kroset said...

Hi Mr. Borowicz. It's Karen Taylor here :-) I know you ran across my sister recently when she was touring Mercyhurst one last time before my parents moved from town. I wanted to reconnect since I won't be visiting Erie much these days.

I have my own blog too that you can read about me on (if you want) www.karenscalling.com and catch up some art that I've been doing lately (also on my blog). http://karenscalling.com/category/art_blog/

I really hope all is well with you and I'm so grateful to have had you for art in high school as it's been such a big part of my life since.

Karen