Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Busted Equinox, but Still Here

 So, the equinox passed and although the observation of the event took place, it was by a reduced body of celebrants because of the weather. I really thought that it couldn't possibly rain all day as the cloud cover was pretty thin and how much water could actually be up there? I was wrong on that count, so we got down to the lake for about 45 minutes when the sky blue up. Then a new wall of cloud rolled in and that was that for the remainder of the day. So it goes.

I have been plugging along on the beachwork and it is getting monstrous. Shi Huang Di would be jealous. I am waiting for a sunny day to photograph its current manifestation, but that is an endangered species in Erie in the month of October. In the mean-time I finished another big altarpiece. The photo below is what it looks like when it is closed. When it is open it looks like the second image. It is 24" x 48" and it is currently in a show in Warren, Ohio. Turned out OK I guess. So, although I have neglected the blog for a while, I have been working like an electrified squirrel.
I'm still here.

No comments: