Monday, March 15, 2010

The Great Thaw


When it came, it came quickly. One weekend the lake was a skating rink for the gods and the next weekend it was treadable by Jesus only. In a flash, a week of warm weather set things free. As a result there was some major stone harvesting going on on Sunday. I'm getting close to completion of the spring manifestation, which I will try to post next weekend in time for the equinox. Until then I offer a little painting that is part of a bigger "Pattern Recognition" piece. It contains no dead fish, but instead a nice view of a birch from Pine Tree Trail. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splendid composition. Great color and texture, too.

Anonymous said...

P.S.: Are you by any chance a fan of Anselm Kiefer? The Goldsworthy--i.e., earthworks connection--is obvious in the land art, but I am curious to know if there any painters that speak to you. No obligation to answer that, of course.

Jessica said...

I love that someone else mentioned Kiefer.
My favorite.
I see where they got that from, too. Very cool.

This new painting is stunning.

I'm sending you a letter soon... When I stop being so bohemian (for a minute or two) and do my mailing!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, Kiefer is one of my old faves. Glad I'm not the only one who can see the connection. :)